Friday 3 June 2016

Insecurity - O. Aishwarya (III BA Economics)

Locked in a cage of doubts and insecurities, 
I would love to be able to just let it go. 
But my thoughts defy me, words anger me, 
And the actions of others hurt me irrevocably. 
Oh! How I wish I could find a way 
To silence these voices for evermore 
If I could only hush this voice of my mind 
I know in the end I’ll be just fine. 
The voice that wounds me with barbs and arrows. 
The voice that says I’m unworthy, unloved. 
The voice that says I’m not pretty enough. 
That’s the voice of my insecurity. 
Yet I have decided in the deepest corner of my heart, 
Some day I will just let it go. 
I’ll break the bars of the cage that holds me, 
and emerge triumphant and victorious 
Into a world full of possibilities 
Where words don’t hurt me anymore 
And the actions that people perform 
Wont have the power to break my form. 
One day in the not-so-distant future. 
I will find the strength to just let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment